Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Response to a question...

If you have committed sin, then be encouraged, there is hope! 1 John 1:9 says that if we confess our sin, then he is faithful to forgive us and to clense us from all unrighteousness. That good news, so just because God knows what you have done, I encourage you to go ahead and acknowledge to him verbally that you know what you did was wrong.If you find yourself tempted to committ the sin again, immediately change what you are thinking about. This may seem difficult at first, but with practice you can overcome this challenge in your life. The best and quickest way to change what you are thinking about is to speak aloud, preferably speak something that God has already said about you. Here is an example,"I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and I have been seated with Christ in Heaven!" This is the new creature that you have become if you have made Jesus lord of your life. This is how God sees you, so you might as well agree with him.I encourage you to take a look at 2 corinthians 5 and Ephesians 2. That is where I quoted from above. It is also very important that you speak aloud!For it is by grace through faith that you are saved ( made righteous) and not of works, lest any man should boast of his own doing> Ephesians 2:8I thank you for your question and hope I have been of help. one more thing that I do is keep a scripture in my back pocket, this helps me to keep God's word close by, if tempted, then I can always reach back there and speak God's word to keep my mind occupied... I will continue to post blog's that will be helpful concerning these subjects.

3 comments:

  1. How can I be sure that what you are telling is true because I just don't feel like I am forgiven....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that what I put in this blog comes straight from the Bible. I do my best to put scriptures so that refrences can be made. Before I responded to your question, I asked the Lord to give me a scripture that was just for you. guess what? He did! You see God loves you so much that he would lead you to this blog and I beleive that you will find the help here that you need. Here is the scripture that is just for you: There is therefore now no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus. For the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made you free from the law of sin and death!" Romans 8:1-2 You don't have to feel condemned because Jesus died for your sin and made you free from bondage! You see, when you mess up, God's not surprised... He made a way for you to recieve salvation before you were ever born! God loves you, and you have to recieve salvation and forgiveness of sins by faith! What I encourage you to do at this point is to just make it a point to thank God for all of the good things he has done for you! Praise him because he is such a good God who is full of Mercy!!! The Lord is good, and his Mercy endures forever!!! When you have thoughts that say you aren't forgiven, you just tell them that there is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke 15:11-32 might help you understand God's love for us and how he greets us no matter what we've done wrong! When we 1 John 1:9 it, it's forgotten by God!! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete