Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dealing with temptation 2

Hello, well the Lord has been revealing more to me about temptation this morning and I believe I need to share that with you...
James 1:2-4... This says to count it all joy when you fall in to diverse (various) temptations, knowing that the trying of your faith works patience. As I meditated on that scripture this morning here is what the Lord began to show me.
It is ok to be tempted, in fact the Lord says to count it all joy. The Bible also says in Hebrews 4:15 that our high priest (Jesus Christ) was tempted at all points just as we are. (I touched on this a little in a previous blog titled "dealing with temptation.") Jesus was tempted and yet without sin, so it's ok to be tempted! The Bible even says that when you are tempted that God will make a way of escape and that you can avoid yielding to the temptation. Praise the Lord!
Once again as I said in the previous blog, we are tempted to try and get us to believe something other than what the Word of God says. v. 3 in James chapter 1 says this, the trying of your faith works patience. Well, what is faith? Faith is believing, and in this sense it is believing what God has said. So we could say it like this,"Count it all joy when you are tempted, because the trying of what you believe God has said works patience." Temptation comes to steal from you what God has already promised you!
Two weeks ago, my 7 year old son, Jaxon, was attacked with sickness. Now the Bible says in 2 peter 2:24 that by the stripes of Jesus we WERE healed! I believe this! So praise God I began to release what I believe by speaking God's Word over Jaxon (2 Corinthians 4:13). Well this was the same time God was dealing with me concerning temptation. So I recognized the temptation as an attempt to steal from my family what God's Word said was already ours. After I prayed over Jaxon and then went to work, I began to start feeling sick, so I immediately spoke to the temptation, in this case sickness, and told it that it could not stay in body! And you know what, I immediately felt better!
God Loves you. What Father that loves their child would want anything bad to happen to them? But yet many people might say that it is God that causes them to be sick or God that causes bad things to happen to people, and this is just not true! The bible goes on to say in James 1:13, "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, so he doesn't tempt any man:
14But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15Then when lust hath conceived, it brings forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, brings forth death." That means that bad things happen to us because of our very own actions! It's not Gods fault, but yet he loves us so much that he makes a way of escape for us when we mess up, whether we realize that we messed up or not! 1 Corinthians 10:13 says,"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
God is so good! In fact, he's so good that his mercy endures forever!
Have a blessed day! I pray that the Lord continue to reveal himself to you as you go through your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment