Saturday, October 24, 2009

Faith

I wanted to take a moment to write about Faith and what I believe it is. Hebrews 11:1 says that Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Faith to me just means what you believe in. If you have faith in God's word, that simply means you believe it is true. It doesn't take faith to believe that I have a tv in my living room, because I can turn my head and see it, yet I believe there is a tv in my living room... So what's the difference? Faith is believing in something that you can't see. I have faith in God, I believe he is real, although I have never seen him. I believe that he has wonderful promises for me. The bible says that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. I didn't see this happen, but I have faith that it is true. The bible also says that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. With the heart man believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-11. So it takes faith, or believing in something that you can't see in order to recieve salvation. Jesus became sin, died, and rose again so that we could become his righteousness! 2 corinthians 5:21. I believe this. God said this about me, and you if you believe. You have already been judged for the sins that you have committed, as well as the ones that you will commit! Your not a sinner anymore if you believe Jesus died and rose again for you! If any man be in Christ he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new! 2 corinthians 5:17. I've heard this scripture quoted before,"all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (romans 3:23) so we're all sinners right? Not right! We are new creatures, remember? If you continue reading in Romans, it goes on ot say,"Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." We are justified by placing faith in what Jesus has done for us! And since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ! Romans 5:1
Glory to God! He is so good! He sent his son to die for us so that we could live with him! He must really think that we are something special! I heard this today, the price paid determines the value... So what do you think you're worth? Do you see yourself as valuable as God does? If you don't, then begin to spend time with God, learning about what he says in the bible, it is his written word to you. As you spend time reading and listening to the Word of God, faith will begin to develop in your heart. Romans 10:17 says that faith comes by hearing the word of God. I believe that faith is being developed in you as you read this blog! I beleive that when you get up from your computer God continues to talk to you throughout your day and you continue to discover his goodness and mercy and just how valuable you are!
God is good, I'm glad to know that you are discovering how much he loves you and that he is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment